Frequently Asked Questions about Marketplace Insurance
When Can I Enroll?
For most people, not until November 15th, 2014. If you have a life change: a new job, divorce, job loss, or new baby you may be able to enroll in marketplace insurance outside of open enrollment.
Am I eligible for Auto-Renewal of My Current Health plan?
If you like your current plan and carrier and you have no changes in your household, Access Health CT will automatically renew you into the 2015 version of your current plan, with coverage beginning on January 1st, 2015.
How Do Get Coverage Starting January 1st, 2015?
Be sure you enroll by December 15th, 2014, otherwise coverage will be delayed until February 1st, 2015.
What Do I Need to Enroll?
1. Birthdates for all family members who need coverage.
2. Social Security Numbers for all family members who need coverage.
3. Citizenship or immigration status and certification of naturalization , if applicable.
4. Federal Income Tax from the most recent year.
5. Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (pay stubs, W-2s)
6. Health care coverage information (policy numbers for current insurance plans covering members of your household and any employer sponsored healthcare information.)
I Forgot My Password!
1. Log onto www.AccessHealthCT.com.
2. Click on "Sign in".
3. Click on "Forgot User ID or Password".
4. Enter User ID and click "Next".
5. Enter answers for security questions and click "Submit".
NOTE: If you do not have the information to retrieve the Password, you must reset it by calling 1-855-375-2428.
6. Enter new Password twice and click "Submit".
7. Password is reset. Click "done" to go to the Login screen.
8. Write down your User ID and Password and answers to security questions and keep in a safe place!
What is the Tax Penalty in 2015?
The tax penalty will be the larger of $325.00 per member of your household or 2% of your household MAGI above the filing minimum.
Which Insurance Companies Are Participating?
Anthem, Connecticare Benefits, Inc., Healthy CT and United Healthcare.
GET HELP NOW
We can help you apply, complete your enrollment, or help with re-enrollment with no costs to you.
The 2017 Open Enrollment Period starts on November 1, 2016 and ends on January 31, 2017. Start making plans to get enrolled for 2017! 272 days ago
Funding for this project was provided in part by the Foundation for Community Health, Inc. The Foundation for Community Health invests in people, programs and strategies that work to improve the health of the residents of northern Litchfield Hills and the greater Harlem Valley.
PharmaCares is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
PharmaCares will endeavor to assist all qualified individuals on a rolling basis but reserves the right to decline services to individuals in our sole discretion. In such limited cases, we may refer individuals to another organization for assistance.